When it comes to construction of roofs, for Australian people; two types of Colorbond Roofing systems are known to them, i.e. Colorbond roofing or Concrete Tiles roofing. Now, the question is; among these two, which is best suitable?
Both options can easily survive in the climate. Let’s first have a brief overview of both of these options:
- Colorbond: This is the method in which the galvanized surface is bonded with the paint. This concept was then further developed in Australia. It is resistant to corrosion.
Colorbond is available in various colors. Colorbond roofing can last long for 50 years or more.
- Ceramic Tiles: Another option is concrete tiles roofing. The terra cotta ceramic tiles will last permanently.
Seems like both options are useful and are recommended the most, but then how can we decide which one is the best.
Older suburbs in Australia have concrete ceramic tiles roofing. So, what’s the difference between the two?
Why would some prefer one over the other Colorbond Roofing?
If the design, color that you admire is unavailable in ceramic category, it may be available in Colorbond Roofing.
Let’s take a look a few factors based on which appropriate selection can be done:
- Look and Feel: People who are creative will love to have Colorbond roofing as it provides modern fashionable look and feel.
There are several such tile accounts that offer different architectural view as compared to those of ceramic tiles.
You can choose roof shingles design with the color of your choice. There are also other colors in concrete roofing systems. You can select any one among them.
2. Noise: Colorbond Roofing can moisten and may make noise whereas those of ceramic tiles are much quieter.
If you love to listen to that natural sound of rain drops, Colorbond is for you. If you are peaceful nature lover, Tile roofing is for you.
3. Water collection: Do you use roofing water at home? If the answer is yes, you must opt for Colorbond Roofing as concrete tiles absorb water quickly. Ceramic tiles roofing can preserve dirt which gets washed away in the water container.
At the time of droughts in Melbourne, the demand for Colorbond roofing increases.
4. Bushfire: Cities in Adelaide are highly influenced by bush fires during summer seasons. If your location is in the fire prone areas, the laws of bushfire will recommend Colorbond roof covering.
If you are thinking about the budget, then concrete roofing is cheaper than Colorbond Roofing.
This is the reason majority of homes in Australia have concrete roofing. For you, if quality is important, go for Colorbond Roofing Services.
Think wisely, take your own time; consider these as well as other such factors before taking the decision. Identify which one will be the best for you; Residential Colorbond Metal Roofing or Ceramic tiles roofing? Choice is yours…
Roofing contractors are just a call away for all services related to roofing as well as re-roofing.