While renovating a home, one of the important parts is to decide about the type of Corrugated Roof service you need. It’s not just about renovation, it also must be considered while constructing a new home in South Australia.
Generally, there are two types of roofing so far we have heard of: Metal Roofing and Steel roofing. In Steel roofing, there are two options. So, here, the debate is about what to choose for roofing purpose: Colorbond or Zincalume?
This blog is all about the discussion. This discussion will definitely compel to take an appropriate decision.
What’s the best – Colorbond vs. Zincalume?
Steel roof is the perfect as it’s durable and optimized to cope with the constant sunlight. As we know, summers are hotter in Australia; the Roofing must be able to bear the scorching sunlight.
We expect roofing to last for decades hence it is necessary to make a right choice. When quality is of top priority, you can opt for any of the two most popular steel brands, i.e. Colorbond and Zincalume.
Let’s the benefits as well as drawbacks of both:
From its name “Colorbond Roofing”, we can assume that it must be available in different colours so that people can make a choice that matches or is in contrast with their home colours. Since 1966, it has been winning the hearts of Australians.
Even today, it has sustained its values of durability and adaptability. The design is advanced to provide superior roofing.
- Available in 22 colours: Now, no need to sacrifice the appearance of your home for the sake of a decent roof, colorbond is available in 22 colors of three different categories i.e. matt, classic and contemporary.
- Perfect for Australian hot summers: This steel roofing comes with Thermatech heat reflective technology due to which roofs can withstand the scorching heats.
- Resistant to corrosion: The Activate range of Colorbond includes additional magnesium into the steel sheeting. This improves galvanic protection.
- Insulation concession: Light colours of the colorbond protect the house from scorching heat hence they may be eligible for insulation concession.
- Hassle free maintenance: Roofs made from colorbond steel hardly fade away due to protracted exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun. This reduces the costs of repainting the roofs every alternate year.
- The only drawback of Colorbond Roofing is it is “expensive” hence used only when quality matters more than quantity.
- But, if we compare the price with the features available; we can say that money spent is worthy. You can get benefit of every single dollar spent.
- Keeping the maintenance part in mind, we can say Colorbond Roofing requires less maintenance. It offers affordable payment plans that every Aussie will find affordable.
Zincalume Steel Roof:
Similar to colorbond, Zincalume is also known for its strength and durability. Made from zinc, silicon and aluminium, tested in all types of weather conditions, it consistently sustains in all types of climates.
- Long life span: This steel is rust resistant, difficult to scratch and has a long life span.
- Competitive price: This type of steel roofing is affordable.
- Less impact on environment: Zincalume steel is recyclable and due to its durability, it has less impact on the environment.
- Too much shiny: Shiny nature of the steel can sometimes be an eyesore for the property owners. The steel takes years to fade away, as a result, it cannot be matched with the aesthetics of the house.
- Less energy efficient: Because of its shiny nature, Zincalume radiates more heat than Colorbond.
So, the question is what you must choose?
Well, if quality really matters for you then go for Colorbond. The reason; just look at its features, it offers everything that a house owner desires for while Roofing. Also, it is available in various colours hence you can select the color as per your own choice.
Discuss the payment plans and once approved, you can get zero deposit and zero interest payment plans.
Once decided, you can ask your Roofing Contractors to provide Colorbond Roofing services.